NRS Group are currently recruiting for an Health & Safety Manager to be based in our Livingston, West Lothian office covering projects across the UK across Civil Engineering, Building and Power sectors.
- Review annually health & Safety policies and manual;
- Liaise with company managers and board of directors in relation to health & safety legislation;
- Work alongside Director, Environmental Manager and Quality Department to manage company systems and prepare for audits;
- Manage a team of five experienced health and safety advisors UK wide overseeing all live projects and working with Site Management to deliver projects safely;
- Organise, track and approve training throughout the group;
- Implement preventative and corrections actions when/if required;
- Appraise subcontractors and suppliers;
- Investigate all serious accidents, incidents and near misses and ensure any remedial measures are achieved by the appropriate staff.
- Report to Management all accidents and any trends.
- Report all RIDDOR Reportable Incidents, Diseases and Dangerous Occurrences to the HSE within the correct timescales.
- Liaise with HSE, take part in discussions with bodies concerned with accident prevention and be aware of current recommended Codes of Practice and new safety literature.
- Promote the safe conduct of work generally and distribute health and safety information to all relevant staff;
- Making presentations to groups of employees / managers;
- Carrying out regular site inspections to check that policies and procedures are being properly implemented;
- Attend Health and Safety meetings with Safety Director and other Company departments as necessary.
- Relevant Qualification or Degree;
- NEBOSH Diploma;
- IOSH membership.
- Competitive Salary
- 5% Pension (8% as of Apr 2019)
- 30 days holiday
- Fuel Card
- Company Car or Car Allowance